Salem Tennis and Swim Club (STSC) is looking for a General Manager (GM).
The GM will be responsible for supervising the development and implementation of all programs provided by STSC. The GM will be responsible to the Board of Directors and is expected to perform duties and responsibilities independently.
- Provide leadership and management
- Delegate duties to the staff
- Supervise and evaluate staff performance and determine salaries
- Oversee club financials
- Serve as liaison between the public, the club members and the STSC Board of Directors.
- Work with the Tennis Director and the Aquatics personnel to develop programs
- Supervise the maintenance of buildings, pool and grounds
- Supervise the desk, tennis and swim staff including the hiring and firing of employees
- Conduct meetings with the tennis and front desk staff
- Perform annual staff evaluations
Must have the following:
- Excellent people skills, including open communication with the general membership, conflict resolution
- Ability to identify problems and suggest possible Solutions to the on-going membership needs
- Capability to manage personnel
- Coordinate marketing to grow the club’s membership
- Oversee the finances including but not limited to: accounts payable and receivable, payroll, bank reconciliation and budget planning
- Microsoft Office, basic understanding of both QuickBooks and Point of Sales software.
Work Week: 40 hour work week on the premises of STSC.
Compensation: $34,000-42,000/year based on skills and experience plus a total benefits package to be negotiated.
Start Date: Immediate
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your cover letter should include the following: Please describe three strengths/talents that you believe will help you be a successful general manager at STSC. Provide names and contact information for three character references.